[Pywps-dev] GSoC 14: 'Publishing data with help of QGIS MapServer'

Jachym Cepicky jachym.cepicky at gmail.com
Fri Mar 7 02:49:22 PST 2014

Hi,

thank you for expressing your interest in this topic. I do not know, how
familiar you are with WPS standard, but in principal, PyWPS is service running
on the server, and it can produce raster or vector data.

We want to enable to our users, that they can concigure QGIS MapServer to be
*the* tool, they can use for this vector and raster file to be published to
internet.

To get started:

1) know python
2) know about OGC WPS
3) know about OGC WMS/WCS/WFS
4) know, how QGIS map server works and find out, how to configure it
programatically (I have no clue about it) - UMN MapServer uses configuration
file, is it possible to do something like this using qgis mapserver
5) integrate this configuration setup to pywps-4

Jachym

--
Jachym Cepicky
e-mail: jachym.cepicky at geosense cz