[Pywps-dev] GSoC Idea for pyWPS client module

Jorge de Jesus jorge.mendesdejesus at wur.nl
Fri Mar 21 01:03:22 PDT 2014

Hi to all

I would like to mentor this project.

I work at ISRIC  where the lots of people develop and run R code
(http://gsif.r-forge.r-project.org/)

I've also worked before with Rserver and Rpy in the intamap project
(http://www.intamap.org/)

Cheers
Jorge

On 03/21/2014 08:57 AM, Jachym Cepicky wrote:
> I've added my comment, regarding 52North R scripts compatibility
>
> Otherwise it's ok from my side

> On Fri, Mar 21, 2014 at 04:59:40AM +0530, Suryakant Sawant wrote:
>>    Thank you.
>>
>>    Today I have uploaded the proposal for GSoC entitled "Integration of R for
>>    PyWPS".
>>    Please let me know your opinion on this proposal and possible mentor
>>    allocation.
>>
>>    Thanks and Regards,
>>    Suryakant Sawant

>>      hi,
>>
>>      would be nice, if you would sign to pywps-dev mailing list and leave
>>      there a
>>      word as well
>>
>>      thank you
>>
>>      Jachym

>>      On Wed, Mar 19, 2014 at 02:57:40AM +0530, Suryakant Sawant wrote:
>>      >    Hi,
>>      >    I have installed and working on how PyWPS. In addition to OGC WPS
>>      standard
>>      >    document, I have also read your articles entitled "Geospatial
>>      Processing
>>      >    ... PyWPS, 2007" and ppt on "PyWPS a tutorial ...".
>>      >
>>      >    I have also reviewed the 52 North WPS service and it's
>>      functionality. As a
>>      >    python developer and enthusiast in OGC Services I would like to
>>      contribute
>>      >    on the development of PyWPS.
>>      >    In addition to your Ideas on GSoC my ideas are;
>>      >    1. Development of interactive web client for PyWPS
>>      >    2. Integration of PyWPS with R software
>>      >
>>      >    My research area targets mainly on the OGC map services and Sensor
>>      Web
>>      >    Enablement.
>>      >
>>      >    I am planning to write a proposal for GSoC please suggest on the
>>      same.
>>      >    Shall I choose one of your ideas or propose one of my two ?
>>      >    Thanks and Regards,
>>      >    Suryakant Sawant
>>
>>      --
>>      Jachym Cepicky
>>      e-mail: jachym.cepicky at gmail com
>>      PGP: [4]http://les-ejk.cz/pgp/JachymCepicky.pgp
>>      @jachymc
>>
>> References
>>
>>    Visible links
>>    1. mailto:jachym.cepicky at gmail.com
>>    3. http://les-ejk.cz/
>>    4. http://les-ejk.cz/pgp/JachymCepicky.pgp

--
ISRIC - World Soil Information Post: PO box 353, 6700 AJ, Wageningen,
The Netherlands Visiting Address: Droevendaalsesteeg 3, 6708 PB