[Pywps-dev] Fetching of POST data

Calin Ciociu calin.ciociu at gmail.com
Thu Apr 9 03:07:19 PDT 2015

Hello everyone,

Currently going through get_input_from_xml and was looking at the
fetching of the complex data.
StringIO is used for this purpose and I don't understand the idea behind it.

The tests are also taking this in consideration and take the MultiDict
with the StringIO of the complex data XML and do some assertions based
on the tags after the parsing of the StringIO and getting an ElementTree.

Isn't a Dictionary good enough for this purpose?
And for what purpose does the MultiDict have to have the XML of the
complex data and not only the actual data of the complex data?

I was thinking of just doing a Dictionary inside a Dictionary for this
matter.
Something along the lines of:

data = {}

complex_data = {}
complex_data['mimetype'] = 'text/foo'
complex_data['value'] = ...lot of complex data...

data['output1'] = complex_data

Calin