[Pywps-dev] New branching method - for PSC approval

Luí­s Moreira de Sousa luis.de.sousa at protonmail.ch
Fri Dec 30 03:11:26 PST 2016

Dear all, I hope you had a merry Christmas.

I would like to implement the branching method we discussed some time ago [0]. develop becomes the main development branch and master tracks exclusively released code. I already modified the guidelines with up to date instructions for the develop branch.

The most noticeable difference in this system is that all pull requests must made against the develop branch. We only merge with master for a new release.

If this is OK with everyone I will then set a date for the main branch shift from master to develop.

Cheers.

[0] http://nvie.com/posts/a-successful-git-branching-model/

--
Luís Moreira de Sousa