[Pywps-dev] New branching method - for PSC approval

Tom Kralidis tomkralidis at gmail.com
Fri Dec 30 04:03:22 PST 2016

Hi Luís:

On Fri, 30 Dec 2016, Jonas Eberle wrote:

> Date: Fri, 30 Dec 2016 05:20:43 -0600 (CST)
> From: Jonas Eberle <jonas.eberle at gmx.de>
> To: pywps-dev at lists.osgeo.org
> Subject: Re: [Pywps-dev] New branching method - for PSC approval
>
> +1, sounds good.
>
> Cheers,
> Jonas
>
> ----- Am 30. Dez 2016 um 12:11 schrieb Luí­s Moreira de Sousa <luis.de.sousa at protonmail.ch>:
>
>> Dear all, I hope you had a merry Christmas.
>
>> I would like to implement the branching method we discussed some time ago [0].
>> develop becomes the main development branch and master tracks exclusively
>> released code. I already modified the guidelines with up to date instructions
>> for the develop branch.

Is there a URL for review?

>> The most noticeable difference in this system is that all pull requests must
>> made against the develop branch. We only merge with master for a new release.
>
>> If this is OK with everyone I will then set a date for the main branch shift
>> from master to develop.

I'm supportive as long as/once there is clear documentation in places like:

- https://github.com/geopython/pywps/blob/master/CONTRIBUTING.rst
- https://github.com/geopython/pywps/blob/master/RELEASE-howto.md
- https://github.com/geopython/pywps/blob/master/docs/development.rst
- other?