[Pywps-dev] PyWPS-4.0.0-alpha

Jachym Cepicky jachym.cepicky at gmail.com
Sun Jan 10 14:05:46 PST 2016

We are happy to announce [2] first alpha version of PyWPS-4.0.0 [3]. This
is very early yet usable version of new PyWPS-4, which is supposed to be
tested, before the stable release

About PyWPS
PyWPS [1] is implementation of OGC Web Processing Service [4] on the server
side, using Python programming language. PyWPS is fast to setup, simple to
configure, easy to hack. PyWPS is OSGeo project in incubation.

About PyWPS-4
PyWPS-4 is PyWPS rewritten completely from scratch, with new licence (MIT).
We are using new libraries (lxml, flask, ...) and code structure for
providing better and more robust and safe WPS implementation.

Jachym & PyWPS development team

[1] http://pywps.github.io
[2] http://pywps.github.io/index.html#pywps-4-0-0-alpha-released
[3] https://github.com/PyWPS/pywps-4/tree/PyWPS-4.0.0-alpha/