[Pywps-dev] Should we split the Input class?

Jorge Mendes de Jesus jorge.dejesus at geocat.net
Sat Jul 22 09:36:09 PDT 2017

Hi to all

I never took a deep look at the code but what you say makes total sense to
me.

On 22 Jul 2017 17:26, "Luí­s Moreira de Sousa" <luis.de.sousa at protonmail.ch>
wrote:

We have a bit of a mess with the Input class concept. It is firstly
instantiated in the Process implementation (by the user). Then it is deep
copied to support the actual inputs at run time.

It seems we are bundling two concepts together:
. InputDeclaration - that describes the input name, type, abstract, etc.
. PhysicalInput - that holds the actual data (or path to data) after an
Execute request is parsed

By associating the InputDeclaration class to the Process class and
PhysicalInput to the Request class we can avoid the deep copy. And make the
code more clear.

Please discuss. Cheers.

P.S.: this is also true for outputs, but there it is not as critical.

--
Luís Moreira de Sousa
Im Grund 6

Phone: +41 (0)79 812 62 65 <+41%2079%20812%2062%2065>
Email: luis.de.sousa at protonmail.ch