[PyWPS-dev] A question about PyWPS and celery demo

Suzana Barreto suzana.barreto at envsys.co.uk
Wed Dec 12 03:36:16 PST 2018

Hi Everyone,

Seasons greatings ;-). I am currently trying to find out if it is possible
to use python Celery with PyWPS.  I have had a look at the following docker
demo project https://github.com/fderue/pywps_celery_demo.  This works but
is unfortunately running under python 2.7.  My PyWPS server instance is
running under 3.6, having run the celery example under 3.6, the server
fails because it cannot serialize the job.  The errors I get are "TypeError:
write() argument must be str, not bytes" from the job.dump function, and if
I change the function so that it opens the file in binary mode, then I get "
io.UnsupportedOperation: underlying stream is not seekable" .
Does anyone know why this code is not 3.6 compatible?  Does anyone know how
I might be able to fix this?

I have also tried to serialise the wps_response and wps_request objects
separately but these are not serializable although the Process is.  Any
help would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks in advance,
Suzana
--

*Dr Suzana BarretoSoftware AnalystEnvironment Systems*
Tel: +44 (0) 1970 626688

The information contained in this e-mail is intended only for the use of
the person(s) to whom it is addressed and may contain confidential or
privileged information. If you have received this e-mail in error please
contact the sender and delete the material without copying, distributing or
disclosing the content. All reasonable precautions have been taken to
ensure that this e-mail is free from any virus, however, the recipient
should verify this to be the case. Please 'think before you print'