[Pywps-dev] GSoC Week 1 Report - Implement DbStorage class

Jan Pišl janjanpisl at gmail.com
Sun May 20 06:07:18 PDT 2018

Hi everyone,

this is my report from week 1. It can also be found on my wiki page [0]. As
always, any feedback is appreciated!

Enjoy the rest of the weekend!

Kind regards,

Jan Pišl

Week 1 report

*What did you get done this period?*

I defined the first version of “DbStorage”, a class that will allow output
data to be stored in one of RDBMSs supported (PostGIS, MS Server, Oracle
spatial, SpatiaLite) [1] I downloaded PostgreSQL and PostGIS and run it
locally on my computer. I tested it functions correctly by using code I had
written previously to GSoC [2] that stores output data in PostGIS. I run
some of PyWPS test processes and checked output data does get stored in
PostGIS.

*What do you plan on doing next week (period) ?*

Implement PGStorage, a class within the DbStorage class that will store
output data to PostGIS and returns database name, schema and table as a
reference to the client. Start working on implementing MSServerStorage,
OciStorage and SpatiaLiteStorage. Download, run and test SpatiaLite.

*Are you blocked on anything?*

No.

[0] https://wiki.osgeo.org/wiki/Database_Output_Storage_for_PyWPS

[1]