[PyWPS-dev] pywps in production on windows

Carsten Ehbrecht ehbrecht at dkrz.de
Fri Jul 3 00:32:50 PDT 2020

Hi Idan,

PyWPS is not meant to run in production on Windows. It may still work … but I’m not sure.

Using a docker container might already be a good alternative.

There is a Flask demo with PyWPS … but outdated:
https://github.com/geopython/pywps-flask

Usually I use a cookiecutter template to setup a new PyWPS service which includes docker container support:
https://github.com/bird-house/cookiecutter-birdhouse

For a full deployment on Linux with nginx/gunicron I use an Ansible playbook:
https://github.com/bird-house/ansible-wps-playbook

Currently in our projects people are mostly using the PyWPS generated by the cookiecutter … using Werkzeug/WSGI included in PyWPS either on the Linux host or in a container (for production).

Cheers,
Carsten
--
Carsten Ehbrecht
Abteilung Datenmanagement

Deutsches Klimarechenzentrum GmbH (DKRZ)
Bundesstraße 45 a • D-20146 Hamburg • Germany

Phone: +49 40 460094-148
FAX:   +49 40 460094-270
Email: ehbrecht at dkrz.de

Geschäftsführer: Prof. Dr. Thomas Ludwig
Sitz der Gesellschaft: Hamburg
Amtsgericht Hamburg HRB 39784