[Qgis-community-team] Re: chapter 11

Tara Athan tara_athan at alt2is.com
Sun Aug 10 22:35:42 EDT 2008

Werner- I have reviewed your changes to chapter 11. I added a few more
macro calls, to replace most of the in-line font changes. Also, I
changed the name of the spit image that is used to spiticon - spit.png
is something else. Otherwise, everything looked good- thanks!

On issue came up on the use of the in-line style macros: there is not a
separate style for paths or folder names. I used the \filename macro for
these- does that seem reasonable to everyone?

Regarding your other questions:
I am also waiting for the GUI freeze before rewriting or making
screenshots, so we are in agreement there.

The 4 plugins you list appear in my Plugin Manager with the default
windows build, so they are included by default.
I created folders for their images already.  Yes, we should create tex
files for each and provide documentation.

I will not be much help with the Python Plugin writing section, as I
have not successfully created a plugin yet.
It would be great if we can get a clean set of instructions in this section.
I ran into trouble when I tried to follow it, partly due to being a
Python novice as well.

I was a little surprised to read the example in the georeferencing
section. It seems to me to be more complicated than necessary to use a
GRASS raster for this example.
I use this plugin a lot on straight jpg files - perhaps we can find one
to include in the dataset.

Tara

--
My e-mail delivery has been unreliable lately, so I am asking for
return receipts from all my email messages.

Tara Athan
Principal, Alternatives to Invasive Species
tara_athan [AT] alt2is.com
707-485-1198
PO Box 415
Redwood Valley, CA 95470