[Qgis-community-team] joomla-version

Tim Sutton tim at linfiniti.com
Tue Jun 3 15:57:48 EDT 2008

Hi Folks

I was sitting here thinking about the 1.0 vs 1.5 debate and the fact
that we are heading for a much simplified web site, and was wondering
if we should not consider just making the site statically (just using
html and css)? Since a CMS is more suited to a continually updated web
site, there may be some advantges to just using 'plain old html and
css' to do it. For one thing we could structure the web site like:

qgis.org
qgis.org/de
etc

each folder could contain a mirror, just translated. Also we could
keep the whole thing in SVN which would add the advantages of a good
version control system. Also we wont need to worry about sql injection
etc attacks. Another advantage is that we could mirror the different
languages onto different servers or mirror the whole site easily
around different servers.

Its just a thought anyway...

Regards

Tim