[Qgis-community-team] manual conventions revised

Otto Dassau otto.dassau at gmx.de
Fri Jun 6 03:06:42 EDT 2008

On Thu, 05 Jun 2008 16:43:35 -0700
Tara Athan <tara_athan at alt2is.com> wrote:

> I have committed the new macros to the manual trunk, including comments
> in the conventions.tex file to indicate the scope of each macro.
> I have implemented them in chapter 3 (getting started), except I need to
> put in all the menu icons, and I haven't transferred those over from
> source yet.
>
> Otto- you can revise now. I think wherever you use \toolbox, it should
> be \toolbuttontwo. I didn't see you referring to any specific items from
> the GRASS toolbox, so maybe we don't need those macros at all - let me know.
>
> Werner- if you would like to help with the revision to use the macros,
> chapters 11- 13 and the Appendices are available. Please check out the
> conventions.tex  and gettingstarted.tex files for instructions and examples.

I don't know if there are any macros used in the Appendices, but if so, you
should only review A, B and I, because the rest C - H is a conversion of the
INSTALL file of qgis source into latex. We do this conversion as an update
usually just before we release a new manual - and in that context all macros
will get lost.

so chapters 11-13 and Appendices A,B and I are still open.

 Otto