[Qgis-community-team] QGIS 0.11.0 feature freeze

Tim Sutton tim at linfiniti.com
Sun Jun 15 18:29:40 EDT 2008

Hi Folks

Due to the server outage, I needed a little more time to implement the
global proxy support in QGIS before we could feature freeze for
0.11.0. Our original programme looked like this:

June  9 - Feature freeze - bug fixing only from here on forward
June 16 - String freeze and call for translations
June 23 - Branch for release & call for packaging
June 30 - Unleash Metis on the world...

I'd like to update it to look like this:

June  15 - Feature freeze - bug fixing only from here on forward
June 23 - String freeze and call for translations
June 30 - Branch for release & call for packaging
July 5 - Unleash Metis on the world...

Consequently the above will put us now into feature freeze so no new
features should go into QGIS for 0.11.0. One exception will be
symbology fixes by Marco which may require some deeper application
changes.

If the release team could be so kind as to start preparing a super
duper visual changelog that would be great.

Tara & community team it should be safe to use what is in trunk now as
the basis for screenshots, with the previously noted exceptions of
Composer dialog and Labelling options on vector properties dialog. We
will try our very best to avoid changing other parts of the user
interface, and where it is unavoidable, keep you informed so that you
can update docs (but we will really try to leave the ui alone).

If the schedule above is causing problems for anyone please let me know.

Many thanks as always!

Tim Sutton
QGIS Project Steering Committee Member - Release Manager
openModeller Desktop Developer
niche modelling tool
Home Page: http://tim.linfiniti.com
Skype: timlinux