[Qgis-community-team] http://qgis.osgeo.org/ is online for testing

Stephan Reber stephan.reber at sr-gis.de
Wed Jun 18 02:48:39 EDT 2008

Hallo!

After reordering the content from the qgis.org, a first version of the
website is online. I have rearranged the menus and modules. Now its a
2-column layout and I made some modifications of the template. Also I
added a archive, which allows to search the unused contents of qgis.org.
But the search is not very comfortable.
Adding a directory for plugins is good idea. But what about the possible
security problems with third party components? Because I don't like the
idea of putting ads on the website for using a component, I have
searched another directory component with good reviews. I have added a
good and often used component just for testing and to see how such a
component works.

In the next days I will return to work on the alternatives for the
templates.

Take a look  at http://qgis.osgeo.org/
Name and password: qgisweb

I'm looking forward to your feedback.