[Qgis-community-team] http://qgis.osgeo.org/ is online for testing

Stephan Reber stephan.reber at sr-gis.de
Thu Jun 19 11:45:05 EDT 2008

Hi Otto,

Otto Dassau schrieb:
> Hi Stephan,
>
> On Wed, 18 Jun 2008 08:48:39 +0200
> Stephan Reber <stephan.reber at sr-gis.de> wrote:
>

>> Hallo!
>>
>> After reordering the content from the qgis.org, a first version of the
>> website is online. I have rearranged the menus and modules. Now its a
>> 2-column layout and I made some modifications of the template.
>>

> with a 2-column layout and because we only want to present the essentials, what
> about using a fixed-width (~800 pixel) for the website and commenting the
> fluid-width? Maybe it is only my personal preference, but I always find pages
> with a fixed-width easier to design, fill with content and look nice.

I prefer a fixed width, too. But to keep the look and feel of qgis
(website, wiki, forum, blog), I did not change it. I tested a fixed
width with buttons in the header on the right side. I think it looks
good - except the polls module.

>> Also I added a archive, which allows to search the unused contents of
>> qgis.org. But the search is not very comfortable.
>> Adding a directory for plugins is good idea. But what about the possible
>> security problems with third party components? Because I don't like the
>> idea of putting ads on the website for using a component, I have
>> searched another directory component with good reviews. I have added a
>> good and often used component just for testing and to see how such a
>> component works.
>>
>> In the next days I will return to work on the alternatives for the
>> templates.
>>
>> Take a look  at http://qgis.osgeo.org/
>> Name and password: qgisweb
>>

> I took a first look and agree with Werner that it looks already clearer, but I
> will wait for your other templates and until you say "this is my final solution
> I propose", before we start the discussion.
I'm working on it.

> And also from my side. If you need help or have some tasks to share/assign, just
> tell us.

When I changed the joomlashack template there were two things I wanted
to change but I haven't found where to adjust them.

1. I would like to display the topmenu on the right side or in the
middle. I think, it is too near to the main menu.
2. The font size of the main menu should be greater.

Maybe, someone can do it or let me know where to adjust the template.
Thanks!

Now that the wiki works I will add/update the todo list and report the
things already done. This could take untill next week, because I am
offline at the weekend.

And something I asked myself when I rearranged the content is what to do
with the 1309 users of Joomla?

Another point is the usermap backup. I tried to install them without a
close look at the sql-script. But it did not work. Then I realized that
it is data for postgresql. Is postgresql also installed on the server
and if so can I get access to it?

Regards,
Stephan