[Qgis-community-team] new sample dataset

Tara Athan tara_athan at alt2is.com
Sun Jun 22 10:49:34 EDT 2008

Otto Dassau wrote:
> Hi Tara,
>
> thanks a lot! There is another thing I found when I visualize the GPS file.
> The airports pt5, pt7 and pt8 are in the ocean in my QGIS 0.11 svn version, when
> I put the alaska shape in the background - same for you?
>
>   Otto

Yes, I digitized at a coarse scale, so there is some error which puts
these points into the ocean. Add the airports.shp layer and you will see
the nearby point it is intended to represent.

This is a very crude layer- the attributes are minimal, and I only put
in a few of the airports. Also, I thought I was creating a layer with
WGS84 projection, but somehow it came out with Alaska Albers, the
project default projection. However, I am hoping those who want to use
such layers will edit them to suit their needs. I just did a quick check
on the GPS editing capability - I can create a new, more accurate
waypoint and delete the old one, but not move the existing waypoint.
Also QGIS v.0.11 crashed when I tried to perform this edit, but I was
able to do it in QGIS v.0.10

Tara