[Qgis-community-team] manual tasks-draft

Tara Athan tara_athan at alt2is.com
Sun Jun 29 22:17:38 EDT 2008

I am preparing the list of tasks necessary to prepare the English manual
for the version 1.0 release.
Please add or modify.
Where does this belong on the wiki?
***************************************
Preparing the manual for QGIS 1.0 release

Assignments
Sections Preamble, 1-3, Appendices A, B, I Tara, plus review of all sections
Sections 4-7 Stephan Holl
Sections 8-10 Otto Dassau
Sections 11-13 Werner Macho

Tasks to be done now
1. convert to the new macros (Sections 1-10 done, but need review)
2. update the existing examples to use the new dataset, add examples as
appropriate (all sections)
3. add platform-specific instructions wherever needed, following the
format in
the conventions section (all sections)

Tasks to be done after the feature freeze (date ??)
4. verify consistency of current documentation and examples, update as
needed
5. add documentation and examples for new features
6. proofread

Tasks to be done after GUI freeze (date ??)
7. create and add screen shots

--
My e-mail delivery has been unreliable lately, so I am asking for
return receipts from all my email messages.

Tara Athan
Principal, Alternatives to Invasive Species
tara_athan [AT] alt2is.com
707-485-1198
PO Box 415
Redwood Valley, CA 95470