[work] [Qgis-community-team] documentation format

Otto Dassau otto.dassau at gmx.de
Mon May 5 03:33:10 EDT 2008

Hi Tara,

I would also propose to work with latex, at least for the moment. As Gary and
Stephan said, everything is there and working, so you don't have to learn much
to get started, it is flexible and there are many people (incl. me), who
are willing and able to help and assist, if there are problems. We already
thought of changing to another tool, but always came back to latex.

If you like you can nominate Stephan, Otto and many other people in the project
as "latex admins", so you don't have to worry, if something doesn't work.

If the long run I agree, it might make sense to switch to another system,
especially when I think of a smooth and easy translation of the master
document. This is currently more difficult (labour-intensive) and not solved,
but we all will help you there as well and find the best solution together.

From my point of view, you don't have to be a latex guru at all and all you need
to know about latex to contribute, coordinate and lead the documentation process
is really very limited - no need to worry about ;-)

regards,
 Otto