[Qgis-community-team] Re: documentation format

Otto Dassau otto.dassau at gmx.de
Mon May 5 11:12:07 EDT 2008

Hi Tara,

have you read the information at the DocumentationWritersCorner? For Windows
there is a SVN-client named "Tortoise SVN". The download page is here:

http://tortoisesvn.net/downloads

I only don't know good latex editors, so here others can help, also give some
hints to get into it:

Step 1) checkout from svn:
- install the tortoise svn tool and reboot
- right mouse click on the desktop and select SVN checkout (popup window)
- in the popup window enter repo URL to english  master doc in head:
  https://svn.osgeo.org/qgis/docs/trunk/english_us/user_guide and checkout dir:
  e.g.  \xxx\xxx\Tara\Desktop\qgis-user_guide
-> this checks out only the english userguide without translation branches
  at the moment, enogh for the beginning I think

Step 2) edit latex files:
- change into trunk: \xxx\Tara\Desktop\qgis-docs\user_guide\
- latex text sources are in *.tex files
- now you need a latex editor and I don't know what tool is nice to use for
  windows, so others need to help.

Step 3) commit changes back to svn:
- inside the user_guide folder with a right mouse -> TortoiseSVN you can
  commit, check for modifications etc.

hope this helps for the beginning. Help for Tortoise SVN is availble here:
http://tortoisesvn.net/docs/release/TortoiseSVN_en/index.html

regards,
 Otto