[Qgis-community-team] Updating manual repository

Otto Dassau otto.dassau at gmx.de
Sat May 10 08:00:21 EDT 2008

Hi Carlos,

yes, you are right, but we won't this time, because we didn't have the
ressources to update the document the current manual doesn't reflect the 0.10.0
status and we decided to concentrate on more basic things at the moment.

As you might have seen and read on the list, we just formed a community team
with Tara Athan as manual team lead.
http://wiki.qgis.org/qgiswiki/CommunityTeam

We decided to restructure and review the current english manual, before we add
new content and make a new release. We plan to finish this before version 1.0 in
autumn, and then we will (as usually) release a document 1.0 in parallel with
the QGIS version 1.0.

Would be great if you (and others on the list) could spend some time and help
us, because we want to make a good job and that's going to be a lot of work :-).
But there will a special announcement on the lists, once we decided what we
exactly want to do and how.

Next week (14. May) the community team will have a first IRC meeting, anybody
interested can follow the discussions, and the manual will be one of the topics:
http://wiki.qgis.org/qgiswiki/CommunityTeamMeetings

kind regards,
 otto