[Qgis-community-team] Information about update and migration of qgis web

Otto Dassau otto.dassau at gmx.de
Fri May 23 07:34:41 EDT 2008

Hi community-team,

some notes about the update and migration of qgis web, so mainly for Stephan
but also Werner and Tara at the moment.

We will soon have some space under qgis.osgeo.org and I would propose to install
joomla again as we already discussed. The idea is to use it as a test
environment first, find a nice template and menue solution and then step by step
migrate from qgis.org. I will inform you as soon as we can start.

Access to that web page will be controlled with an .htaccess file, so the
involved people and the QGIS PSC can agree to the look and feel while the qgis
community" sticks to qgis.org before we finally point to qgis.osgeo.org and
shut down qgis.org.

From my point of view we can now go on to organize and discuss some general
ideas about the new qgis web presence and create a framework at
http://wiki.qgis.org/qgiswiki/WebsiteManagement before we start working under
qgis.osgeo.org.

regards,