[Qgis-community-team] Information about update and migration of qgis web

Werner Macho werner.macho at gmail.com
Fri May 23 08:56:00 EDT 2008

Hi,

I asked several friends about there opinion using 1.0 or 1.5 version of
joomla and most of them agree with 1.0 is considered to be stable and
tested and there are a lot of modules out there for 1.0 BUT

1.5 is also stable (maybe still not so well tested) but they say its
more user friendly and a lot faster ..
Main and only disadvantage is that not all (3rd party?) modules are
already ported to 1.5.

So what modules do we need? As far as I can see we also have to develop
at least one modules by ourself..
If we dont rely on many modules and the modules we need are already
ported i give a big vote for 1.5!

Maybe I'm an early adopter but sticking to old versions seems (IMHO) to
delay the developement. On my servers I like to be on the fresh side -
mostly when its time to switch them online (if they are well tested)
theres a new-new version out .. and the old one is REALLY old..

just my 2c

regards
Werner