[Qgis-community-team] Re: [work] Re: QGIS windows build - Alaska dataset

Tara Athan tara_athan at alt2is.com
Mon Sep 15 12:10:37 EDT 2008

The URL of the new dataset is presently
http://download.osgeo.org/qgis/data/qgis_data_2008_09_15.tar.gz
and
http://download.osgeo.org/qgis/data/qgis_data_2008_09_15.zip

As we update the manual, we may find that more additions and changes to
the dataset are necessary.
I am wondering if we should set a fixed URL for the dataset that we want
included in builds, such as
http://download.osgeo.org/qgis/data/qgis_data_current.zip
and then keep older versions as backups - these could have dates in
their names.

Or we could take over the URL of the old dataset
http://download.osgeo.org/qgis/data/qgis_sample_data.tar.gz
and archive the old dataset under another name.

What about non-Windows builds? Does somebody need to be informed about
these changes in the dataset?

Tara