[Qgis-community-team] Theme for trac

Otto Dassau otto.dassau at gmx.de
Thu Apr 9 13:29:02 EDT 2009

Hi Tim,

On Wed, 8 Apr 2009 10:57:47 +0200
Tim Sutton <tim at linfiniti.com> wrote:

> Hi Otto
>
> The new wiki theme is looking good. It would be great to theme the
> wiki to match.

you mean the "trac" to match as well - right?

> I use a theme that is fairly similar the wiki theme
> here at work. It would be great to install this and then tweak it a
> little to match our other sites.
>
> Here are my install notes:
>
> 5.10. Trac Theme Setup
> I installed a custom theme for trac to make it a little more user friendly.
> First install python-dev headers which is going to be needed by some
> of the theme engine deps.
>
> sudo apt-get install python2.5-dev
>
> Next get the theme engine from here:
> http://trac-hacks.org/wiki/ThemeEnginePlugin
>
> Look for the "Download and Source" section on the above page.
> Now unzip the zip and cd into its 0.11 dir then do:

> sudo python setup.py install
>
> Next get the crystal theme from here:
> http://trac-hacks.org/wiki/CrystalxTheme
> Download the theme and extract it then do:
>
> cd crystalxtheme/0.11/
> sudo python setup.py install
>
> Finally add to the trac ini a couple of lines:
> vim /opt/trac/sac/conf/trac.ini
>
> # Added by Tim for crystal theme support
> [components]
> themeengine.* = enabled
> crystalxtheme.* = enabled
>
> [theme]
> theme = CrystalX

the theme looks nice and with some small changes would look perfect in "QGIS
style" :)

> After doing these steps go into trac admin and enble the themeengine
> and crystal theme plugins.

ok, but I cannot do that, I think, because I don't have administration
permissons? I didn't set up the qgis trac. Maybe I should ask Gary and he can
tell me, where and on what server the bug tracker is running and if and how I
can change anything.

btw. Markus Neteler changed their grass wiki alias so the qgis wiki is now
available under qgis.org/wiki.

regards,
 Otto