[Qgis-community-team] compiling manual & image quality

Yves Jacolin (free) yjacolin at free.fr
Sat Aug 22 10:55:49 EDT 2009

Le vendredi 21 août 2009, Stephan Holl a écrit :
> Hello Otto,
>
> Otto Dassau <otto.dassau at gmx.de>, [20090821 - 16:15:28]
>
> [...]
>
> > > Stephan,
> > >
> > > let's try on the French release of the QGIS user guide :) and after
> > > testing we could discuss about change this in the trunk doc.
> >
> > good idea. This would also make it a lot more comfortable for windows
> > people working on the manual, because I guess we don't really need a
> > Makefile anymore - is that correct?
>
> No, we certainly need a Mapfile, but we do not need imagemagick and
> stuff since pdflatex 'eats' png, jpg, etc. normally without
> conversation.
>
> > Unfortunately I do not have much
> > time at the moment, but will try to help where possible.
> >
> > > Are you ok about this?
>
> Yes, could you send me the checkout-string of the french manual so that
> I could get a checkout and see what needs to be done to switch to
> pdflatex.
>
> Best
>
> 	Stephan
>
> PS: I am not willing to test on windows though :-)

Hi,

I succeed to build the pdf doc with pdflatex with nice picture but there are
some issues :

1. using pdflatex means not use latex, dvipdf, etc. anymore
2. pdflatex doesn't work with the href package
3. we need to set up all the boudingbox of picture and add the extension for
all files.

what do you think?

Stephan, I supposed you want this:
https://svn.osgeo.org/qgis/docs/branches/1.0.0/french/user_guide/

Y.
--
Yves Jacolin

"Give freedom to people is not enough, we also have to give them the power
to use this freedom, to act". M Gauchet