[Qgis-community-team] QGIS manual 1.0.0 tagged and released

Otto Dassau otto.dassau at gmx.de
Fri Jan 9 11:45:38 EST 2009

Hi Jean Roc,

that's great, but please wait before you start translating the manual. There is
already a team of french translators (Eve Rousseau, Sébastien Vial and Philippe
Lepinard) and you should coordinate your efforts.

http://wiki.qgis.org/qgiswiki/DocumentationWritersCorner

In general, before you and others start with a translation, please read
carefully the DocumentationWritersCorner to understand the background and
proccedure. Then contact the other people of your language team as listed at
that wiki page. Then contact me (cc: to all people who want to help) and
then I will create a translation branch for your language and give you and all
other team members write access to your svn translation branch.

The QGIS manual covers more than 250 pages, that takes time and needs to be
managed within the subversion repository. Otherwise you will get into trouble.

regards,
 Otto