[Qgis-community-team] Re: [Qgis-user] Wiki migration is done

Otto Dassau otto.dassau at gmx.de
Tue Jul 14 03:50:40 EDT 2009

Hi Agustin,

On Tue, 14 Jul 2009 08:30:33 +0200
Agustin Lobo <alobolistas at gmail.com> wrote:

> Many users will not know what a wiki is and/or will not think
> there is anything interesting for them there. Instead, a section
> named "User's Corner" in the main menu would have a clear meaning
> for them.

This sounds a little odd to me, because then probably many users will also not
know what a blog, forum or bugtracker is, so we would have to add other extra
links to the main menu as well. Maybe others feel different about this, and in
that case we can of course improve the website and add more links, but for me
your suggestion is a bit overdone - sorry.

Looking at the website we could improve the community page and add information
about the available platforms here:  http://www.qgis.org/en/community.html

At the moment there is only this sentence: "To get in contact the the QGIS
community we provide various mailing lists and communication platforms such as
this web site, a wiki, a blog and a forum." We could add some paragraphs for
each webportal, describe it and set a link. Would be great if you could do that.
We can grant you access to the website, of course.