[Qgis-community-team] Translating tex-files, visual editor

Maxim Dubinin sim at gis-lab.info
Thu Mar 26 16:14:06 EDT 2009

Hi all,

We're thinking about starting translating user guide to Russian, but
having some problems with tex. I've tried to install LyX/Miktex, waited
for 30 min for it to upload all addons, but only to see it complains
on importing any tex-file as Latex (plain):

http://gis-lab.info/images/screenshots/20090326-30t-11kb.jpg

Any advice on how to solve this? Or may be suggestion on using some
other visual editor on Windows? (Yes, we do need visual editor, we want to make
participation as easy as possible for everyone who is willing to
participate). May be a suggestion how to make life for translators
easier, letting them _only_ translate?

Thanks.

Maxim