[Qgis-community-team] Re: [Qgis-user] Looking for new Manual Team Lead and Contributors!!

Otto Dassau otto.dassau at gmx.de
Sat May 2 15:00:35 EDT 2009

Hi Micha,

thanks a lot for your offer and we are happy to have you on board. For release
1.1 (probably already on monday or tuesday) we already splitted the sections
between the current contributors, but after the release, we will surely have an
IRC meeting and then we will discuss, how to proceed for the upcoming releases.

For the beginning, please subscribe to the community-team list so you can follow
(and contribute) our discussions. Then, later for contributing to the manual you
will have to send us your osgeo account name, if you already have one. Gary will
then grant you write access to the english manual trunk. And finally you could
already have a look at the manual pages in the new wiki. There are almost all
interesting information available.

http://www.qgis.org/wiki/index.php/Manual_Writing
http://www.qgis.org/wiki/index.php/Working_with_Subversion_and_Latex
http://www.qgis.org/wiki/index.php/Manual_Datasets
http://www.qgis.org/wiki/index.php/Manual_Release_Preparation
http://www.qgis.org/wiki/index.php/ManualTasks

kind regards,
 Otto

On Sat, 02 May 2009 21:47:51 +0300
Micha Silver <micha at arava.co.il> wrote:

> Hello Otto:
>
> I'd be willing to help out contributing to the manual.  While I've not
> be active in the development of QGIS, I use it (as well as GRASS) more
> and more recently, and I've an opportunity to give a few short seminars
> on GIS to undergraduates, using QGIS.
>
> If you care to have a look at some blog entries I've written on GIS
> techniques, check here:
>
> http://my.arava.co.il/~micha/blog/?p=30
>
> Best regards,
> Micha
>
> Otto Dassau wrote:
>
> > Dear QGIS users,
> >
> > the QGIS project is looking for a new Manual Team Lead and new contributors.
We

http://qgis.org/wiki/index.php/Manual_Writing