[Qgis-community-team] Release date for manual 1.1

Stephan Holl stephan.holl at intevation.de
Tue May 5 10:02:38 EDT 2009

Hello Otto,

Otto Dassau <otto.dassau at gmx.de>, [20090505 - 14:37:28]

> Hi Stephan,
>
> On Tue, 5 May 2009 14:29:40 +0200
> Stephan Holl <stephan.holl at intevation.de> wrote:
>
> > Hello Otto,
> >
> > Otto Dassau <otto.dassau at gmx.de>, [20090504 - 19:33:55]
> >
> > > Hi,

> > > thanks Claudia!
> > >
> > > I also finished my sections according to the table at:
> > > http://www.qgis.org/wiki/index.php/Manual_Writing#Document_Maintainers
> > >
> > > maybe the others Anne, Werner and Stephan can give us a short
> > > "report" about the status and what is left and if you need some
> > > help.
> >
> > I have reworked the OGC-chapter, only small enhancements and from my
> > point of view we can release it as it is. I used QGIS-trunk from
> > saturday as a reference, which should be new enough though.
>
> thanks a lot Stephan!
>
> > One question still remains: What about the proxy-settings described
> > in another mail-thread? is this somewhere mentioned? I think it
> > should be under the Options-dialog, as it can be found there. I
> > have mentioned the proxy-settings within the OGC-parts certainly.
>
> Apart from the OGC chapter, where I think proxy-settings is described
> very well, it is only mentioned in section "features_at_a_glance" in
> the Options-dialog part.
>
> \minisec{Proxy Tab}
> \begin{itemize}
> \item \checkbox{Use proxy for web access} and define host, port,
> user, and password. \end{itemize}
>
> What else do you think should be added there or anywhere else?

The proxy-types and the proxy-excludes should be mentioned somewhere,
problably in the above mentioned chapter. This is IMO quite important
for web-related stuff.

I would describe it, if someone could assist in explaining the
different types and its meanings.

Best

	Stephan

--
Stephan Holl <stephan.holl at intevation.de> | Tel.: +49 (0)541-33 508 3663
Intevation GmbH, Neuer Graben 17, 49074 OS  |  AG Osnabrück - HR B 18998