[Qgis-developer] Re: [Qgis-community-team] Context sensitive help id generator

Tim Sutton tim at linfiniti.com
Tue Nov 17 18:45:57 EST 2009

Hi

>> But my initial idea doesn't work.  You can't do slots on Non-QObjects and you
>> can't inherit from different QObjects.   And moc doesn't expand macros.
>>
>> So I had to add following slot to all the classes:
>>
>> void contextHelp() { QgsContextHelp::run( metaObject()->className() ); }
>>
>> The patch is at [1].   Opinions on commiting?
>
> I would prefer to see some opinions from others before committing. It
> doesn't matter to me as long as things are maintained...

I think the major load of context help is on help writers and
translators and it would be good to make life easy for them at the
expense of a little added maintenance on devs when renaming dialogs.
The dialog names dont change that often and getting things set so that
they fine doc folks can go for it makes sense to me.

So +1 from me for using help files based on dialog class names (and
Juergens patch).

 * QGIS programming services
 * FOSS Consulting Services
Skype: timlinux Irc: timlinux on #qgis at freenode.net