[Qgis-community-team] Web translation in french

MORREALE Jean Roc jr.morreale at enoreth.net
Wed Nov 18 14:46:04 EST 2009

Werner Macho a écrit :
> Hi!
>
> Of course we do always need contibutors - and I think the current French
> Language Coordinator Jean Roc Morreale can give you more detailed
> information about where and when help in translation to french is needed.
> His email address is
> French (fr)     Jean Roc Morreale
>     jr.morreale at enoreth.net
>
> Feel free to add yourself to the WIKI Page at
> http://www.qgis.org/wiki/GUI_Translation_Progress#Translators_List once
> you coordinated with him..
>
>  From my point of view the french webpage translation is nearly complete
> - but Jean Roc always needs help in GUI translation and especially he
> said something about working on the Manual to bring it to French
> language .. So if you want to learn (i assume that ;) ) LaTeX or howto
> translate with qtlinguist or even want to be familiar with joomla and
> joomfish - just feel free to ask him for work.
>
> Thank in advance for your interest and I'm sure you will have fun in our
> QGIS-Community.
> If you have any questions or have any problems feel free to contact me
> at any time
>
> regards
> Werner
>
> Mojito paff schrieb:
>> To Werner Macho.
>>
>> Hello,
>>
>> I'am a french user of QGIS since the Kore version and I appreciate
>> this soft.
>> So I would like to participate.
>>
>> Do you accept more help for the QGIS website translation in french?
>> If your contributor list is full for the website translation, I can
>> participate in another section if you need too.
>>
>> Regards,
>>
>> Ben.

Thank for the publicity Werner, actually there is not much left on the
website (I'm just waiting for the green light for the download part) and
yesterday qgis_fr.ts's file was only one string left.

So the real big task will be to bring the french documentation to the
1.3+ version but I'm waiting for the english part to be released before
starting the branch (and there is some part I'm not sure of what we
should do : 1.4 will be out by the time we finish and the print manager
by itself will involve quit a bit of change, so I'm not sure what to aim
to avoid redoing these parts twice, aim directly at the 1.4's state ?)

I'm talking too much here so to sum it up there will be a lot of work to
do and you're welcome to join us Mojito Paff ! As for now I'm at a
conference so I'll probably contact personally this weekend to plane
some tasks.

Good night everybody,
Jean Roc