[Qgis-community-team] translation support by open-tran

Tim Sutton tim at linfiniti.com
Sat Nov 21 03:00:51 EST 2009

Hi All

2009/11/20 Robert Szczepanek <robert at szczepanek.pl>:
> Hi Tim and Team,
>
> Do you agree to initiate steps forward putting QGIS into
> http://open-tran.eu/projects.html
> The idea is the following.
> Having both QGIS and GRASS translations in one place, translations will
> be more consistent and just easier to do. Once included in open-tran,
> can be easily accesses by eg. Virtaal during translation process.
> http://translate.sourceforge.net/wiki/virtaal/index.
>
> I would start with QGIS and use it for GRASS translation, as there are
> much more untranslated messages. At least for polish language.

I visited the web site but it wasnt obvious to me how the process
works. Some people have put forward the idea of using launchpad for
this same purpose but we need someone to investigate the nitty gritty
procedures, test it and report back on if it will be feasible, what
the process will be etc.

Living in a bandwidth constrained environment, I like the idea of Qt
Linguist since it works offline, but I can appreciate that a web
collaborative translation environment could be a good way to spread
the translation load.

Regards

Tim

> Robert Szczepanek