[Qgis-community-team] translation support by open-tran

MORREALE Jean Roc jr.morreale at enoreth.net
Sat Nov 21 07:58:45 EST 2009

Robert Szczepanek a écrit :
> Tim Sutton pisze:
>> Hi All
>>
>> 2009/11/20 Robert Szczepanek <robert at szczepanek.pl>:
>>> Hi Tim and Team,
>>>
>>> Do you agree to initiate steps forward putting QGIS into
>>> http://open-tran.eu/projects.html
>>> The idea is the following.
>>> Having both QGIS and GRASS translations in one place, translations will
>>> be more consistent and just easier to do. Once included in open-tran,
>>> can be easily accesses by eg. Virtaal during translation process.
>>> http://translate.sourceforge.net/wiki/virtaal/index.
>> I visited the web site but it wasnt obvious to me how the process
>> works. Some people have put forward the idea of using launchpad for
>> this same purpose but we need someone to investigate the nitty gritty
>> procedures, test it and report back on if it will be feasible, what
>> the process will be etc.
>
> I have also doubts and I want to contact them to clarify procedures and
> test them. Do you agree on such tests?
>
>> Living in a bandwidth constrained environment, I like the idea of Qt
>> Linguist since it works offline, but I can appreciate that a web
>> collaborative translation environment could be a good way to spread
>> the translation load.
>
> Off-line version is also available.
> Robert

As not much is said on the website could you explain some point :
- how do the offline version works ?
- how do it handle conflicts ?
- does it enforce a license like launchpad does for BSD ?

Having used it for gvsig I'm very cautious about web translation : not
being able to work because the website doesn't let you login, because it
is down for an unkown amount of time, because your hotel's wifi is crap,
etc.