[Qgis-community-team] Looking for Feedback about a new manual style

Yves Jacolin yjacolin at free.fr
Wed Apr 7 06:32:34 EDT 2010

Hi Otto,

OSGeo-fr would like to print the french release of QGIS user doc. This could
be an interesting source of money both for OSGeo-fr and QGIS project.

Next month, there will be a tradeshow where OSGeo-fr organize an open source
village with 4 companies + OSGeo-fr's booth.

OSGeo booth will propose a game to attendees and the winner will get a paper
printed QGIS user doc!

Thanks Jean-Roc to allow my dream become reality! It was not so easy few month
ago when we talked about this.

Y.
Le mercredi 07 avril 2010 09:34:49, Otto Dassau a écrit :
> Hi Jean Roc,
>
> thanks a lot for your work! It looks very promissing to me. Have you also
> tested to create a HTML version based on the new styles? This is another
> thing we would like to achive with pdflatex.
>
> Regards,
>  Otto
>
> Am Tue, 06 Apr 2010 23:01:42 +0200
>
> schrieb MORREALE Jean Roc <jr.morreale at enoreth.net>:
> > Hi,
> >
> > In the past few days there has been work done by Bertrand Masson on the
> > manual to switch it to pdflatex, make it compile easily on a
> > distribution like texlive 2009 and improve its overall quality and
> > maintainability.
> >
> > The work has mainly be done on the french branch for now but we intend
> > to port it back to trunk so the english version and all the others
> > localizations could get the benefits of it. There is an unfinished test
> > using the 1.4 englih version (the presence of ?? or lack of toc's
> > entries is normal as not all the files has been done yet) :
> >
> > https://svn.osgeo.org/qgis/docs/branches/1.3.0/french/user_guide/user_gui
> >de_wip_en.pdf
> >
> > Any feedback would be appreciated to help increase the quality of this
> > documentation.
> >
> > regards,
> > MORREALE Jean Roc

Yves Jacolin