[Qgis-community-team] Questions about translation

Alexander Bruy alexander.bruy at gmail.com
Tue Aug 31 08:23:48 EDT 2010

2010/8/31  <jr.morreale at enoreth.net>:
>> Also we have problems with text like this
>>
>> \selectstring{Preview}{Rectangle}
>>
>> we can translate text in second figure brackets (in example - Rectangle)
>> and all
>> compiles fine. But when translated text in first figure brackets (in
>> example - Preview)
>> pdflatex fails with error
>>
>> ! Package inputenc Error: Unicode char \u8:�\check at icr not set up for
> use
>> with
>> LaTeX.
>>
>> See the inputenc package documentation for explanation.
>> Type  H <return>  for immediate help.
>>
>> l.137 ...осмотр}{Прямоугольник}
>>                                                    является режи...
>>
>> where осмотр}{Прямоугольник} is Russian translation of
>> {Preview}{Rectangle}. When we return Preview  back all
>> works.
>>
>> Any ideas?
>
> which file is it ?

This is print_composer.tex file, lines 137-146

\begin{itemize}[label=--]
\item \selectstring{Preview}{Rectangle} is the default setting. It only
displays an empty box with a message \textit{"Map will be printed here"}.
\item \selectstring{Preview}{Cache} renders the map in the current screen
resolution. If case you zoom in or out the composer window, the map is not
rendered again but the image will be scaled.
\item \selectstring{Preview}{Render} means, that if you zoom in or out the
composer window, the map will be rendered again, but for space reasons, only
up to a maximum resolution.
\end{itemize}

and line 190

"width and height or the scale. The \selectstring{Rotation}{0} field allows to"

--
Alexander Bruy