[Qgis-community-team] doubt about translating keyboard shortcuts

Werner Macho werner.macho at gmail.com
Wed Dec 22 10:33:39 EST 2010

Hi!
yes - it's indeed a problem while translating that you unintentionally
can change the shortcuts ..
a lot of shortcuts are already assigned by QGIS (and can be changed) -
allthough i have to say that you can use only one shortcut per function
where i would rather like to use probably more than one shortcut (for
e.g. CTRL-D should also be mapped to the DEL key on PC keyboards.

Another problem is that there are already some shortcuts used twice or
more by qgis-core AND some plugins .. bad situation..

I'll start a WIKI Page during christmas holiday where I will collect all
the shortcuts and where they are assigned to avoid such situations in
the future.. maybe it will help developers to choose the correct
shortcut for their function..

regards
Werner