[Qgis-community-team] new contribution

Werner Macho werner.macho at gmail.com
Tue Dec 28 06:13:01 EST 2010

Hi Mola!

Nice to heave you on Board ;)
We do always have room for volunteers!
I will do my best to support and help you in any way I can.

The most important things to know you will find here:
http://www.qgis.org/wiki/GUI_Translation
and here
http://www.qgis.org/wiki/GUI_Translation_Progress#Translators_List

For fedora you can install the package linguist-qt4 (if it is not already installed) and .. you have to be familiar with (or at least learn a bit of) svn (subversion).

I already created the file qgis_fa.ts for you - you can find it in the i18n subdirectory ..
just check out this file and start .. and whenever you finish send the file to me and i'll commit it ..

sometime in near future i'd see if i can write a howto to do it somewhere on the new github - but as i'm not very familiar with git right now (learning it) I cannot tell you how to do it ..

As you are the first starting with persian translation I hope you don't mind if i set you as Language coordinator for persian language ..
I'll change all necessary files once I got the first translations from you

So whenever you have a problem just drop me an email and i'll do my best to help you
Hope to hear from you soon and happy translating!

kind regards
Werner