[Qgis-community-team] qgis logo on wikimedia commons or wikipedia

Anita Graser anitagraser at gmx.at
Tue Feb 9 03:30:25 EST 2010

Hi all!

Today I got notified on Wikimedia Commons (see http://commons.wikimedia.org/wiki/User_talk:Anitagraser) that someone uploaded the QGIS logo. Now the question is: Which licence is the logo supposed to have? And as a result: Does it have to be deleted from Commons?

I'm pretty sure we can upload it to Wikipedia though. (compare http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/File:Firefox_3.5_logo.png)

I'll wait for your feedback before replying anything on Commons.

Best wishes,
Anita

PS: I hope this was the correct list. If not, please forward it to the responsible people.