[Qgis-community-team] QGIS website menu problem

Werner Macho werner.macho at gmail.com
Mon Jan 18 10:59:44 EST 2010

Hi Otto!

Thanks for the hint .. now I know why we deactivated the the caching
function ..
i had to activate it again on request by the server admins because the
load on the xblade was too high - it turned out that our poll-module was
using far too much CPU time ..
And I also have our (very nice) visitor counter under suspect to be also
not very "light" in usage. (but last time a admin said that this module
should not be the problem)
Saying this I remember that one of the admins even was kind of surprised
that we are running a joomla instance on the xblade.
Unfortunately for the server but fortunately for us we are far too
successfull with qgis - and we have a lot of visitors..
And now that you mention the menu problem I remember that it can be
solved by deactivating the caching function ..

hmmm - bad luck .. what to do now?

right now qgis.org (xblade14) seems to be again under heavy load

We're simply too successful :( for the old xblade..

seems that FrankW is helping out in solving this problem ..

regards
Werner