[Qgis-community-team] Announcing the release of QGIS 1.5 'Tethys'

Tim Sutton tim at linfiniti.com
Sat Jul 31 16:27:32 EDT 2010

We are very pleased to announce the release of QGIS 1.5.0 'Tethys'.

Binary and source code packages are available at:

http://download.qgis.org

This release includes many great new features to make your QGIS
experience even better than ever before. This release also contains
many bug fixes that should improve stability over previous releases.
For a detailed run down on what is new in this release, take a look at
our visual changelog (
http://www.qgis.org/en/component/content/article/108.html ).

Along with the release of QGIS 1.5.0, the QGIS Community Team is hard
at work on an updated QGIS Users' Guide version 1.5. The guide will be
available in the near future - we will post announcements when it is
available.

QGIS is a completely volunteer driven project, and is the work of a
dedicated team of developers, documenters and supporters. We extend
our thanks and gratitude for the many, many hours people have
contributed to make this release happen.

If you would like to make a donation or sponsor our project, please
visit <a href="http://www.qgis.org/en/sponsorship.html">our
sponsorship page</a>. QGIS is Free software and you are under no
obligation to do so.

Happy QGIS'ing!

 * QGIS programming services
 * FOSS Consulting Services