[Qgis-community-team] pdflatex

bogus at bogzab.plus.com bogus at bogzab.plus.com
Tue Jun 8 06:12:42 EDT 2010

Anne Ghisla a.ghisla at gmail.com wrote

> Hi all,
>
> I have trouble getting pdflatex to work on Debian testing. I upgraded to
> texlive2009 via synaptic, but when calling pdflatex I get this error:
>
> ! LaTeX Error: File `biblatex.sty' not found.
>
> I can reproduce it adding \usepackage{biblatex} to a new document
> created from template.
> Any idea how to fix it? The file is actually missing from filesystem.
>
> galadriel:~# locate biblatex
> /usr/share/kde4/apps/kile/biblatexentries.rc
> /usr/share/kde4/apps/kile/complete/tex/biblatex-dev.cwl
> /usr/share/kde4/apps/kile/complete/tex/biblatex.cwl
> /usr/share/texmf/tex/generic/tex4ht/biblatex.4ht
>
> thanks for any hint :)
> Anne

I had similar errors when I first tried to compile the user guide. I found
that I had to not only install TexLive2009 but *remove* my previous tex
package (tetex which came with my distro). I think that all the sty files
required are in the TexLive2009 package but cannot all be found unless
TexLive2009 is installed "clean".

Bogus