[Qgis-community-team] Manual update plans

MORREALE Jean Roc jr.morreale at enoreth.net
Fri Mar 19 12:04:03 EDT 2010

Le 19/03/2010 16:49, Otto Dassau a écrit :
> Am Fri, 19 Mar 2010 16:36:38 +0100 schrieb MORREALE Jean
> Roc<jr.morreale at enoreth.net>:
>
>> Le 19/03/2010 16:08, Werner Macho a écrit :
>>> Hi! I'm mainly on finding new ways for translation and have to do
>>> my own little project but if i can help you in any way just give
>>> me something to write :) what about the transition to pdflatex?
>>> Regards werner

>> a big +1 for pdflatex, the main steps are : - cp *.png ../finalpix/
>> in each screenshot folders' makefile - add it to /usepackage in
>> qgis_style.sty - pdflatex $(FILE).pdf in the main makefile - delete
>> dvips and all the .eps call
>
> a big +1 also from me, but we should first update the content for
> the last and then probably for the soon upcoming release, before we
> start working on the pdflatex changes.
>
> If anybody has time to join me updating the manual I would be
> thankful, of course. The task list is here:
> http://www.qgis.org/wiki/ManualTasks, just pick a section, tell us
> your plan and start :).
>
> Regards, Otto

the move to pdflatex is a "quick" work that have no impact on the
update's workflow, it fits well in the short time frame of the meeting.
I'm still struggling to get a working texlive 2009's env but if do
succeed I'll try to make the change in the french's branch and provide
diff files to apply to the trunk before the hackfest. No promise.