[Qgis-community-team] Manual translating questions

Otto Dassau otto.dassau at gmx.de
Fri May 14 13:41:54 EDT 2010

Hi Alexander,

Am Fri, 14 May 2010 19:55:09 +0300
schrieb Alexander Bruy <alexander.bruy at gmail.com>:

> Hi,
>
> our community (GIS-Lab) starts QGIS manual translation to Russian.
> Should we create a new folder in branch directory for version 1.5.0,
> put there manual from trunk and start translating or wait until
> documentation was updated?

no, don't use trunk for translations or create any branch folder. The
procedure is:

- we update the manual in trunk. After we finished some time in June or
so, we will tag the manual in trunk/ (put a copy into tags/). From the
tagged copy we create translation branches.

So, for translating version 1.5 you need to wait. Once we announced
that the manual 1.5 is ready on the mailing lists, you can start with
the translations.