[Qgis-community-team] Call for Participation: The ACM SIGSPATIAL International Workshop on GeoStreaming IWGS 2010 (Early Registration Ends on October 14, 2010)

Wei Ding ding at cs.umb.edu
Wed Oct 13 18:42:51 EDT 2010

The ACM SIGSPATIAL International Workshop on GeoStreaming
(IWGS 2010)
http://infolab.usc.edu/iwgs10/
            November 2, 2010
                    San Jose, CA, USA

 to be held in conjunction with

      The 18th ACM SIGSPATIAL International Conference
      on Advances in Geographic Information Systems
                   (ACM SIGSPATIAL GIS 2010)
                http://acmgis2010.cs.ucsb.edu/

                           Call for Participation
        ***featuring three keynotes from Microsoft, IBM, and Oracle***

The IWGS 2010 workshop program is ready, with three keynotes from Microsoft,
IBM, and Oracle. We have an exciting agenda

lined up for you. Of particular interest is the fact that there are going to
be THREE keynotes, from each of the major

stream vendors in the market (Microsoft, IBM, and Oracle). We would like to
encourage full participation by members of

both academia and industry, since one goal of this workshop is to foster
close collaborations and engagements between

these communities. We look forward to seeing you in San Jose!

For more information, please visit our official website at:
http://infolab.usc.edu/iwgs10/index.html

KEYNOTES:

1. Microsoft Framework for Geospatial Stream Processing
   Ed Katibah, Microsoft SQL Server.

2. Geostreaming at IBM: InfoSphere Streams and Intelligent Traffic Systems
   Robert Uleman, IBM Software Group.

3. The Oracle Platform for Real Time Streaming Event Driven Architecture
based Solutions
   Robin J. Smith, Oracle Complex Event Processing.

ORGANIZATION COMMITTEE:

General Chairs:
Mohamed Ali, Microsoft
Erik Hoel, ESRI
Cyrus Shahabi, USC

Program Committee:
* Walid Aref, Purdue University
* Farnoush BanaeiKashani, University of Southern California
* Ugur Cetintemel, Brown University
* Badrish Chandarmouli, Microsoft Research
* Yannis Drougas , ESRI
* Michael Gertz, Ruprecht-Karls-University of Heidelberg
* Jonathan Goldstein, Microsoft
* Yan Huang, Uniuversity of North Texas
* Vana Kalogeraki , Athens University
* John Krum, Microsoft Research
* Mohamed Mokbel, University of Minnesota, Twin Cities
* Silvia Nittel, University of Maine
* Anand Ranganathan, IBM
* Timos Sellis , IMIS/RC Athena and National Technical University of Athens
* Mehdi Shairfzadeh, Google
* Ankur Teredesai , University of Washington, Tacoma
* Vassilis Tsotras , University of California, Riverside

Publicity Chair:
Badrish Chandramouli, Microsoft Research

Web Site Chair:
Jalal Kazemitabar, USC

--
Wei Ding
Assistant Professor, Computer Science Department