[Qgis-community-team] latex and svn conventions for manual

Tim Sutton tim at linfiniti.com
Thu Apr 21 05:13:13 EDT 2011

Hi

On Thu, Apr 21, 2011 at 5:56 AM, Alister Hood
<alister.hood at synergine.com> wrote:

8<--------------------snip---------------------

> Manually wrapping at a particular width is pretty annoying to do,
> especially if you later end up rearranging a sentence or inserting
> several words, and need to move the breaks.
>
> Perhaps it would be best to put each sentence on a new line?  I think
> this should be OK for change tracking, and not be too annoying to work
> with.

When we started the manual, Gary and I were both using vim, which
allows you to rewrap the line with the simple key combination 'gq'. I
don't know if other editors can do this - it may be worth taking a
look because as Tyler mentioned it greatly helps with managing
differences between versions (especially for translators who need to
identify 'what changed?').

Regards

Tim

 * QGIS programming services