[Qgis-community-team] Re: CC-by-SA 3+
brylie at gnumedia.org
Mon Dec 26 15:02:01 EST 2011
Reasons for adopting the CC - Attribution- ShareAlike include:
* CC-by-SA is similar in spirit to the GNU Public License
* CC-by-SA is specifically mentioned in the Free Documentation License
as being an alternative (relating to WikiPedia)
* CC-by-SA is the current license for Open Source Geospatial Foundation,
Wikipedia, Peer to Peer University, Wikiversity, Mozilla wiki,
OpenStreetMap wiki, etc. so contents from QGIS documents can easily be
integrated into/adapted from those communities.
* CC-by-SA has the mark that it is "Approved for Free Cultural Works" as
defined at http://freedomdefined.org
* CC licenses provide machine readable code so that search engines can
effectively index CC materials.
Alternately, the CC-by license is approved for free cultural works.
Woolman Semester School
xmpp:brylie at jabber.org
-------------- next part --------------
An HTML attachment was scrubbed...
More information about the Qgis-community-team