[Qgis-community-team] How do I do that on QGIS?

custard custard at westnet.com.au
Tue Mar 15 03:51:32 EDT 2011

Hi Tim,

Thanks for your vote of support.

Who do I see for a login to the wiki?

-ramon.

----- Original Message -----
From: "Tim Sutton" <lists at linfiniti.com>
To: "Ramon Andinach" <custard at westnet.com.au>
Cc: Qgis-community-team at lists.osgeo.org
Sent: Tuesday, 15 March, 2011 3:08:30 PM GMT +08:00 Beijing / Chongqing / Hong Kong / Urumqi
Subject: Re: [Qgis-community-team] How do I do that on QGIS?

Hi Ramon

On Mon, Mar 14, 2011 at 2:37 PM, Ramon Andinach <custard at westnet.com.au> wrote:
> Hello,
>
> A little while back on the QGIS-user list, there was a mention of the document "How do I do this in ArcGIS/Manifold?"
> http://lists.osgeo.org/pipermail/qgis-user/2011-February/011312.html
>
> There was also a thought that it might be useful to put together a similar document for QGIS.
>
> Richard thought that the best way to do it might be to use a wiki, so that if people had sections to contribute they could; and I'd be inclined to agree.
>
> I have a bit of a start, and am looking for somewhere to put it. I thought that the User's Corner looked about right, in about section 2.
>
> So I'm wondering:
> 1. Is there somewhere better?
> 2. If the Manual and the User's Corners Teams wouldn't mind, could I utilize a small chunk of the wiki for this purpose?

Ramon this will be great to have. The wiki is probably the correct
place for this. Just go ahead and create a new section and start - I
think everyone will enjoy to see the new addition. It would be a good
idea to let people know what you are doing on the mailing lists (users
list probably).

Regards

Tim