[Qgis-community-team] QGIS Docs in GIT

Otto Dassau dassau at gbd-consult.de
Sat Nov 12 03:24:31 EST 2011

Hi,

I don't have enough experience with git yet and will learn from you, how
we should structure the documentation now. I will arrive later this
afternoon - maybe about 4pm. If you already want to start and there are
obvious things to do, just do it. You don't have to wait for me. I am happy
that we will finally migrate to git this weekend.

Am Sat, 12 Nov 2011 00:34:49 +0200
schrieb Tim Sutton <tim at linfiniti.com>:

> Hi (& hi Alexander)
>

> On Sat, Nov 12, 2011 at 12:27 AM, MORREALE Jean Roc
> <jr.morreale at enoreth.net> wrote:
> > Le 10/11/2011 23:30, Tim Sutton a écrit :
> >>
> >> Hi Otto&  other community members
> >>
> >> I have migrated the documentation to git. Please have a play around
> >> and see if everything is as expected before you start doing any
> >> serious work. Otto and I will probably do some more tweaks over the
> >> hackfest this weekend. The repository is available here:
> >>
> >> git at github.com:qgis/QGIS-Documentation.git
> >>
> >> Best regards
> >>
> >> Tim
> >>

> > Hi, this is great. I'll create a french_fr folder at the root level when
> > the translation of the manual 1.7 is over.
> >
> > I guess we will not longer create branches for a new version but only add
> > git tag, right ?
>
> I dont have a strong opinion about how the above and the user access
> should be managed. Lets see if Otto has any specific ideas when he
> arrives at the hackfest tomorrow.
>
> Regards
>
> Tim

Geoinformatik Büro Dassau - http://www.gbd-consult.de
FOSSGIS consulting , training , support  and analysis
Davenstedter Str. 60  ,  D - 30453 Hannover , Germany
Phone:  +49-(0)511-2615322 ,  Fax: +49-(0)511-2615323

--
Community Advisor - QGIS Project Steering Committee